Hot air fryer recipe: Dutch donuts
It’s cold outside, a harsh wind is blowing around the house and everyone is busy preparing their new year's eve parties. It’s the time of the year to try something new, these Dutch donuts, or oliebollen recipe for example.
Dutch donuts: Oliebollen
Dutch donuts are a delicious baked treat filled with raisins and served with icing sugar. They’re a real Dutch tradition, every year there are long queues in front of stands that sell Dutch donuts.
This year you easily make your own “healthier” version of Dutch donuts using a hot air fryer. No hassle with hot oil, greasy fingers and a lot of calories. Just enjoy this delicious treat.
- 400 g of flour
- 2 tsp of salt
- 20 g of fresh yeast
- 300 ml milk (hand warm)
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200 g of raisins
- hot air fryer baking pan
Note: If you don’t have a baking pan you should add less milk to the recipe. This will make the dough more firm and suitable for the standard air fryer tray. Unfortunately, this will change the taste and texture of your Dutch donuts.
1. Dissolve the yeast in the milk and set aside for a few minutes.
2. Mix the flour, salt and sugar.
3. Add the eggs and milk-yeast mixture to the flour.
4. Mix everything together by hand or using dough-hooks. Keep doing this for about 10 minutes to create an elastic dough.
5. Mix in the raisins.
6. Cover the bowl and set aside in a warm place to let the dough proof for about 1 hour.
7. Place for spoons of dough in the baking pan and bake them for 10 minutes on 200 degrees Celsius.
Turn the Dutch donuts after 5 minutes. (Don’t bake too many donuts at the same time to get the best result.)
Serve the Dutch donuts, or oliebollen with icing sugar and enjoy!
Nedis® hot air fryers
Use your Nedis® hot air fryer to make these delicious Dutch donuts, or use them to make healthy meals all year long.